Both directions of Highway 99 will be closed between South Spokane Street and the north end of the Battery Street Tunnel from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31. and Sunday, Nov. 1.
The Alaskan Way Viaduct will be closed this weekend for its twice-yearly inspection.
Both directions of Highway 99 will be closed between South Spokane Street and the north end of the Battery Street Tunnel from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Drivers are advised to plan ahead and be prepared for congestion on Interstate 5 and surface streets through downtown.
The closure will allow crews to perform maintenance and thoroughly inspect the aging structure, as they do each spring and fall. A WSDOT fact sheet has more information about keeping the viaduct safe while the tunnel to replace it is being constructed.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle business owner killed during robbery was popular singer's father
- UW School of Medicine pulls out of U.S. News rankings
- Washington traffic safety is 'a crisis that we can’t ignore,' lawmakers say
- Climate activist, transit advocate join Seattle City Council races
- Sammamish couple charged with manslaughter in toddler's fentanyl death