Both directions of Highway 99 will be closed between South Spokane Street and the north end of the Battery Street Tunnel from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday, Oct. 31. and Sunday, Nov. 1.
The Alaskan Way Viaduct will be closed this weekend for its twice-yearly inspection.
Both directions of Highway 99 will be closed between South Spokane Street and the north end of the Battery Street Tunnel from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Drivers are advised to plan ahead and be prepared for congestion on Interstate 5 and surface streets through downtown.
The closure will allow crews to perform maintenance and thoroughly inspect the aging structure, as they do each spring and fall. A WSDOT fact sheet has more information about keeping the viaduct safe while the tunnel to replace it is being constructed.
Most Read Local Stories
- Why a giant fog cloud is parked over Seattle area, and when it will clear
- Rolling in the deep: Sound Transit's downtown Seattle tunnel would bring riders 145 feet below the street
- Redmond officer who killed woman had been fired from another law-enforcement agency
- Coronavirus daily news updates, Jan. 24: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Missing Trump? Democrats seem lost without him, while the local GOP surges back from the dead