Traffic on Interstate 5 and Washington 520 were both snarled for a while this afternoon due to accidents involving military vehicles.
At about 12:40 p.m., a five-ton National Guard vehicle lost control and struck the barrier on eastbound 520 near Northeast 40th Street in Redmond, said Washington State Patrol Trooper Julie Judson. The three soldiers in the vehicle suffered minor injuries.
At about 1 p.m., a Mercedes SUV that was part of a Canadian military convoy rolled over in the northbound lane of Interstate 5 near Boeing Field. The occupant was slightly injured and taken to Harborview Medical Center, Judson said. The accident blocked the carpool lane for nearly an hour.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Lummi Nation woman disappears during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends
- Case dismissed: Defendants charged in alleged attack on a gay man in North Seattle say it never happened
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book