UPDATE: Person in the car does not appear to have serious injuries. KIRO reporting that she drove under the semi-truck, and was pulled from her car by bystander. Traffic flows around the scene are starting to pick up.
ORIGINAL POST: Medics and heavy rescue equipment are at the scene of an accident in the southbound lanes of Interstate 5 at Michigan Street.
The accident occurred at about 10:51 p.m. Police and rescue communications, and video from the Washington State Patrol website, indicate that a semi-truck and at least one vehicle are involved.
We’ll update as more information is available.
Most Read Local Stories
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- One killed in North Seattle shooting
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park