An accident at the Renton Airport has knocked one of the helicopters operated by the King County Sheriff's Office out of service.
An accident at the Renton Airport has knocked one of the helicopters operated by the King County Sheriff’s Office out of service.
The chopper, known as Guardian One, was taking off Friday morning from the trailer used to wheel it in and out of the hangar when it slipped somehow. The tail rotor struck the ground. Some debris from the rotor went flying, but no one was hurt.
The helicopter, one of four operated by the department, is the only one equipped with an infrared camera used to track suspects on the ground.
The accident is under investigation.
Most Read Local Stories
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Fast facts about Northgate light rail before it opens Saturday
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades
Information from KOMO: http://www.komonews.com/