The Lewis County sheriff's office is trying to determine how an 8-year-old boy who lived along the Chehalis River died in the water.
The Lewis County sheriff’s office is trying to determine how an 8-year-old boy who lived along the Chehalis River died in the water.
The boy’s mother reported him missing Friday afternoon and deputies found him about a quarter-mile down river on a gravel bar.
KBKW reports he could not be revived and was declared dead at a Centralia hospital.
KING reports (http://is.gd/fj5G7y) neighbors blame erosion of the river bank and think he may have fallen in when the ground gave way. The boy lived in a home that’s within 20 feet of the river.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lummi Nation woman disappears during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends
- Case dismissed: Defendants charged in alleged attack on a gay man in North Seattle say it never happened