A seventh person was charged today in connection with last month’s robbery, kidnapping and slaying of a 51-year-old man whose body was dumped outside a vacant Graham house.
John Joseph Brown, 60, is scheduled to be arraigned this afternoon in Pierce County Superior Court.
Five others charged in the slaying of Dean Barker of Lakewood were arraigned yesterday and all pleaded not guilty. They are: Aileenah Horton, 17; William Barry, 33; Angela King, 32; Justin Mahaffey, 23; and Joshua Stevens, 23. Another co-defendant, Jeffrey Powell II, 30, is being sought on a nationwide warrant.
“We have now charged all the defendants involved in this robbery, kidnapping, and brutal murder,” Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist said in a news release. “All seven are complicit in the death of Mr. Barker. The motive remains murky. … What we know is that all the defendants were involved in a robbery and kidnapping at defendant Brown’s house that led to murder.”
Most Read Local Stories
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Fast facts about Northgate light rail before it opens Saturday
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades