An Oregon man playing in the yard with his toddler sons captured a 6-foot-long lizard capable of killing pets and injuring humans.
GRANTS PASS, Ore. — A man playing in the yard with his toddler sons captured a 6-foot-long lizard capable of killing pets and injuring humans.
Ryan Nelson said he thought it was a crocodile when he first spotted the Nile monitor.
He was able to capture it and wrestle it into a dog cage with the help of Dalton Brown from MB Reptiles, a pet store.
No report on missing lizards has been filed, but officials say whoever lost the lizard should have immediately reported it because the Nile monitor’s teeth and claws make it dangerous to pets and people.
Most Read Local Stories
- Surprise! If you get a call from this man, it’s no scam. The state really has money for you.
- How Puget Sound-area school districts will make up days lost to historic snowfall
- Washington handles runaway foster kids with handcuffs, shackles and jail. Is there a better way?
- Tim Eyman under investigation in theft of $70 chair from Office Depot WATCH
- Amazon puts the smile in federal income taxes — by not paying any | Danny Westneat
The lizard is now on display at the pet store.