An Oregon man playing in the yard with his toddler sons captured a 6-foot-long lizard capable of killing pets and injuring humans.
GRANTS PASS, Ore. — A man playing in the yard with his toddler sons captured a 6-foot-long lizard capable of killing pets and injuring humans.
Ryan Nelson said he thought it was a crocodile when he first spotted the Nile monitor.
He was able to capture it and wrestle it into a dog cage with the help of Dalton Brown from MB Reptiles, a pet store.
No report on missing lizards has been filed, but officials say whoever lost the lizard should have immediately reported it because the Nile monitor’s teeth and claws make it dangerous to pets and people.
Most Read Local Stories
- 'Unwanted subject': What led a Kirkland yogurt shop to call police on a black man | Danny Westneat
- Gov. Jay Inslee's out-of-state trips strain budget of Washington State Patrol security detail VIEW
- How the mushroom dream of a 'long-haired hippie' could help save the world's bees
- Puget Sound orcas are in town, chasing chum and wowing ferry riders WATCH
- Lynnwood man who raped dying woman gets less than 3 years in prison
The lizard is now on display at the pet store.