Plan for closures of the 520 floating bridge and I-5 in Federal Way over the coming weekend.
The Highway 520 floating bridge will close this weekend, and in Federal Way segments of Interstate 5 will close late Friday and Saturday nights — so crews at both sites can install girders for new overpasses.
The full shutdown of Highway 520 will last from 11 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday, between Montlake Boulevard and I-405. Forty girders and 288 concrete deck panels will be installed at Eastside interchanges. Bus routes 255, 271, 280 and 545 will switch to I-90 during the closure.
In Federal Way, all southbound lanes of I-5 will close at the Highway 18 junction from 11 p.m. Friday to 7 a.m. Saturday, and two northbound lanes will close from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.
Then on Saturday, all northbound lanes of I-5 will close from 11 p.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Sunday. Traffic will be detoured.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades
Some lanes of I-5 will start to close a couple of hours before the overnight construction work.