The Highway 520 floating bridge will close this weekend. The closure, from Montlake Boulevard to I-405, goes from 11 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday.
The Highway 520 floating bridge will close this weekend, while workers demolish the old Evergreen Point Road overpass on the east shore of Lake Washington. Cars there are now traveling on a new lid.
The closure, from Montlake Boulevard to I-405, goes from 11 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday. Alternate routes on I-5, I-90, and I-405 could become congested midday.
Transit routes 255, 271, 280, and 545 will use I-90. The I-90 express lanes will point toward Seattle from 6 a.m. to 2 p.m., then point east at 3 p.m., both afternoons.
Highway 520 at Evergreen Point is being widened to six lanes to prepare for a new, larger floating bridge mid-decade.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Kent man killed, Cougar football player injured in shooting near WSU campus