The Thurston County sheriff's office says the driver of a stolen rental car hit 150 mph while trying to get away from police on a 50-mile chase on Interstate 5.
The Thurston County sheriff’s office says the driver of a stolen rental car hit 150 mph while trying to get away from police on a 50-mile chase on Interstate 5.
Deputies used spike strips to stop the car early Wednesday near Castle Rock.
Sgt. Kevin Slease told KOMO ( http://is.gd/1YwdSI) deputies spotted the car just after 2 a.m. south of Olympia and the driver refused to stop.
No one was injured, and the driver was arrested.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Kent man killed, Cougar football player injured in shooting near WSU campus
Information from: KOMO-TV, http://www.komotv.com/