Everett police have arrested four people for investigation of unlawful disposal of human remains in connection with the death of a man whose body was found in an alley.
Police say it appears the dead man may have suffered a drug overdose at an apartment in the 2600 block of Colby Avenue. His body was then moved by the suspects to an alley behind 2628 Hoyt Ave. where it was found Tuesday, police said.
The suspects told detectives that they removed the body from the apartment because they didn’t want to get into trouble with the landlord.
The suspects, two men and two women, all live at the apartment.
Most Read Local Stories
- Ferry-naming contest draws comically creative ideas — but let's get real, Washington state says
- Washington's mini tornado comes nearly 59 years to the day after Seattle's big one
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 27: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Seattle City Council approves requirement for six months' notice of rent increases