A 4.9 earthquake shook Vancouver Island, British Columbia, at 9:22 p.m. Tuesday, according to the United States Geological Survey.
The epicenter was located more than 50 miles off the western shore and more than 100 miles from most cities on the island. The closest major city, Port Hardy, is 115 miles away from it.
Most Read Local Stories
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Fast facts about Northgate light rail before it opens Saturday
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades