The Associated Press
POULSBO — A 3-year-old girl was left alone for about half an hour on a school bus in Poulsbo before she was found.
She had failed to get off at her preschool and was left on the bus at the lot for the North Kitsap School District.
A spokeswoman says the driver should have walked through the bus Wednesday morning after parking.
Most Read Local Stories
- Ferry-naming contest draws comically creative ideas — but let's get real, Washington state says
- Washington's mini tornado comes nearly 59 years to the day after Seattle's big one
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 27: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Seattle City Council approves requirement for six months' notice of rent increases
The Kitsap Sun reports the driver is on administrative leave for an investigation.
The girl was found by another driver preparing the bus for another run.
The girls’ parents say it will be some time before they put her on a school bus again.