The Associated Press
GRANDVIEW — Authorities have arrested three teenage boys who were found carrying weapons outside a high school in the Yakima Valley, where a weekend school dance was taking place.
Police locked down Grandview High School on Saturday night but the dance was later allowed to continue after authorities searched the area.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- There's an opening for the GOP in Washington state — and they're squandering it on conspiracies
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 22: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
- Swinomish tribal members say steelhead net pens violate fishing rights, add their voice to state Supreme Court case
- See the competing Washington legislative maps drawn by Democrats, Republicans
The Herald-Republic reports police recovered several knives and a toy airsoft gun on the teens.
Two suspects are 16-year-olds from Grandview. The third is in a 15-year-old from Everett. They were taken to the Yakima County Juvenile Justice Center.
Their identities were not released.