The Associated Press
GIG HARBOR — Two people were injured in separate fires overnight at Gig Harbor.
Officials say a firefighter was injured in a fire early Tuesday morning at a thrift store for the Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital in Tacoma.
The News Tribune reports the firefighter was taken to a hospital.
Most Read Local Stories
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Light rail ready to open at Northgate, transforming more than just commutes
- Fast facts about Northgate light rail before it opens Saturday
- Ferry-naming contest draws comically creative ideas — but let's get real, Washington state says
- Washington State Patrol's hiring under fire as agency failed to diversify over decades
The other fire was at an apartment where a man was found unconscious Monday night and taken to a hospital. He apparently tried to put out a kitchen fire with an extinguisher.