Two Edmonds men have been arrested in connection with the kidnapping and rape of a Shoreline woman as well as a string of robberies in the Seattle area.
The suspects, ages 34 and 35, were arrested Tuesday during a traffic stop in the 15200 block of Aurora Avenue North in Shoreline. They have each been booked into the King County Jail on investigation of multiple counts of first-degree robbery and one count of kidnapping.
One of the men was also booked on investigation of sexual assault, according to the King County Sheriff’s Office.
The men are suspected of 18 to 20 robberies of citizens at gunpoint. In one case, a Shoreline woman was robbed, kidnapped and sexually assaulted as she left her car in a parking lot, the Sheriff’s Office said.
Most Read Local Stories
- This says it all: Congressman proposes 'Masks Off Act' for schools as 29% of COVID cases in his area are in schoolchildren
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Lack of answers is excruciating for family of man found shot to death at Seattle's Gas Works Park
- WSP trooper whose work was key to investigation of 2017 DuPont Amtrak derailment dies from COVID
- Shooting near WSU kills man who worked for Somali American community, injures Cougar football player
The men are also suspected of robberies in Seattle and Mountlake Terrace.