- A 31-year-old Lakewood man was one of the drivers killed in the crash. (Washington State Patrol photo)
- The 29-year-old driver of this vehicle is believed to have caused the crash, according to the Washington State Patrol. The driver, from Bonney Lake, was not wearing a seat belt and died at the scene. (Washington State Patrol photo)
The State Patrol says two people have been killed in a head-on crash on northbound state Highway 167 at 31st Avenue East near Tacoma. The Patrol says two vehicles were involved and the driver of each vehicle was killed.
The crash happened around 4:45 p.m, and shut down northbound lanes for more than an hour. All lanes are currently open.
If both cars were traveling at 50 mph, the combined speed of the crash would be at least 100 mph, according to Trooper Guy Gill.
Most Read Local Stories
- Wondering why society went off-kilter during the pandemic? It was all predicted in this book
- Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
- Video shows helicopter rescue of missing hiker in Olympic National Park
- 2 killed in crash on I-90 after car hydroplaned, officials say
- COVID hospitalizations down in Washington, but deaths are on the rise