The child was listed in critical condition and the adult in serious condition at Harborview Medical Center.
RENTON — Authorities say a woman making a right-hand turn near a Renton elementary school drove into an adult and a child in a crosswalk.
The child was rushed to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle in critical condition. The adult was in serious condition.
Renton police say it happened at 8 a.m. Monday near Benson Hill Elementary. Investigators believe the driver stopped at the intersection before turning around the corner and striking the pedestrians.
The driver remained on the scene and is cooperating with the investigation.
Most Read Local Stories
- There are sprouts of hope in downtown Seattle, but they are wilting
- Murder-suicide ended Port Orchard shootout, troopers say
- 1 killed near Cal Anderson Park; 9 wounded in Seattle-area night of gun violence
- Sound Transit 3: Progress in West Seattle, paralysis in Chinatown International District
- Which WA counties saw highest voter turnout in 2022 primary election?
Early reports indicated that two children had been struck, but police said later the victims were an adult and a child.