The Associated Press
BELLINGHAM — A Bellingham couple whose dogs died from eating mushrooms in their yard want others to know about the danger to pets.
Renee and Bill Bliss were away from home Nov. 2 when their adult son Dustin found one of their pugs dead and the other in bad shape with vomiting and diarrhea. It was later put down.
The Bellingham Herald reports tests confirmed their dogs Milo and Maggie had eaten poisonous mushrooms.
Most Read Local Stories
- These 3 Seattle scientists study the coronavirus. Now they're getting millions to chase their 'wildest scientific ideas'
- Lummi Nation woman disappears during Las Vegas trip with fiancé and friends
- Case dismissed: Defendants charged in alleged attack on a gay man in North Seattle say it never happened
- Washington state analyzed two COVID scenarios for fall. One is much worse than the other
- Coronavirus daily news updates, September 23: What to know today about COVID-19 in the Seattle area, Washington state and the world
Renee Bliss says people with mushrooms in their yard should take steps to protect pets and small children.