The victim underwent surgery to repair the damage done by the stabbing. Court documents say the victim "was not cooperative with officers."
CENTRALIA — An 18-year-old man has been charged with first-degree assault in the stabbing of another teen in the chest at a Chehalis Wal-Mart.
The Chronicle reports that Onalaska resident Jose F. Chagolla-Flores is being held on $500,000 bail after making his first court appearance on Monday.
Lewis County Deputy Prosecutor Sara Beigh said she requested the high bail because Chagolla-Flores’ statements about his gang affiliation, suspicion that he had ties to California and a sealed juvenile record. Defense attorney Rachael Tiller asked that his bail to remain at $100,000.
Court documents state the victim “was not cooperative with officers.” He underwent surgery to repair the damage done by the stabbing.
Most Read Stories
- It looked ugly on TV, but Doug Baldwin’s uncontrolled emotion helped Seahawks beat Giants
- ICE agents arrest man inside Oregon house without warrant
- I-5’s Uncle Sam billboard: 50 years and still ticked off near Chehalis
- Bicyclist sues King County after accident left him quadriplegic
- Instant analysis: Three thoughts from the Seahawks' romp over the Giants at MetLife Stadium
Chagolla-Flores was determined to be a suspect after interviews with witnesses. Police say they found a knife in his backpack.