The victim underwent surgery to repair the damage done by the stabbing. Court documents say the victim "was not cooperative with officers."
CENTRALIA — An 18-year-old man has been charged with first-degree assault in the stabbing of another teen in the chest at a Chehalis Wal-Mart.
The Chronicle reports that Onalaska resident Jose F. Chagolla-Flores is being held on $500,000 bail after making his first court appearance on Monday.
Lewis County Deputy Prosecutor Sara Beigh said she requested the high bail because Chagolla-Flores’ statements about his gang affiliation, suspicion that he had ties to California and a sealed juvenile record. Defense attorney Rachael Tiller asked that his bail to remain at $100,000.
Court documents state the victim “was not cooperative with officers.” He underwent surgery to repair the damage done by the stabbing.
Most Read Local Stories
- ‘Deadliest Catch’ co-star Edgar Hansen pleads guilty to sexually assaulting teen girl
- Minus intrigue at the end, Carmen Best picked as new Seattle police chief
- Tiny-home villages are a key part of Seattle’s homeless strategy. So why did one village lack case management for three months?
- Amid worsening financial picture, UW President Ana Mari Cauce returns $95K in deferred compensation
- ReachNow launches ride-hailing app that competes with Uber, Lyft
Chagolla-Flores was determined to be a suspect after interviews with witnesses. Police say they found a knife in his backpack.