The fire threatened multiple homes and burned up to the U.S. Army's Yakima Training Center but no structures were lost.
SELAH, Yakima County — Authorities say 14 vehicles were destroyed in a brush fire in central Washington.
The Yakima Herald-Republic reports the fire scorched about a half square mile near Selah on Tuesday.
Selah Deputy Fire Chief Jim Lange says the fire threatened multiple homes and burned up to the U.S. Army’s Yakima Training Center but no structures were lost.
He says no one was injured.
Most Read Local Stories
- WA launches website to order free COVID tests; here's how to get them
- 'Hey, boys, you've got to keep it down': In Ballard, noisy sea lions are a real scene
- Toxic PCBs festered at a Monroe school for eight years as students, teachers grew sicker
- Washington state at-home coronavirus tests out of stock shortly after website launch
- Missing Trump? Democrats seem lost without him, while the local GOP surges back from the dead
The cause of the fire is under investigation.