A 12-year-old boy was burned by fireworks near an Auburn fireworks stand on Tuesday night.

Share story

AUBURN — Fire officials say a 12-year-old boy has been taken to a Seattle hospital after being burned by fireworks near an Auburn fireworks stand.

Kimberly Terhune of the Valley Regional Fire Authority says the boy was transported Tuesday night to Harborview Medical Center with second degree burns to about 25 percent of his body. According to bystanders, the injuries were caused by fireworks.