The girl was unable to escape on her own due to a disability, officials said.
The 11-year-old girl rescued from a Graham house fire Friday has died, the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department said.
The girl was taken from the burning home in the 4300 block of 293rd Street Court by firefighters after they arrived to find the home engulfed in flames.
The girl was unable to escape on her own due to a disability, officials said. She was airlifted to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, where she died.
Her 80-year-old grandmother was not home when the fire broke out. She’d briefly left to buy groceries and returned to find the fire raging, said Pierce County sheriff’s spokesman Ed Troyer.
Most Read Local Stories
- How much easier was it for baby boomers to buy a home in Seattle? Let's adjust for inflation | FYI Guy
- Seattle's most famous legal homeless camp moves to illegal spot VIEW
- Does it shame Trump supporters to name them? Only if they're ashamed about it | Danny Westneat
- After Seattle Times alert flub inspires jokes on Reddit, Seattle musician creates hipster parody of 'We Didn't Start the Fire'
- Man fatally shot in the head on Aurora Avenue in North Seattle