Erin Lee Jordan also suffered a gunshot wound and was hospitalized for three weeks.
BELLINGHAM, Wash. (AP) — A judge has set a $1 million bail for a former Whatcom County teacher charged with killing her husband and their 1-year-old son last month.
The Bellingham Herald reports that Erin Lee Jordan made her first appearance in court on Monday.
She’s charged with shooting Michael David Jordan and their son as they slept.
A real-estate agent found Erin Jordan on the floor of the bedroom on July 19 suffering from a gunshot wound. She spent the last three weeks in the hospital recovering.
Most Read Local Stories
- These areas of WA are likely to get hotter — but people keep moving there
- Seattle heats up this week, but it'll be 'nothing like we saw in July'
- Woman killed by Seattle light-rail train stumbled and fell, police say
- Woman killed by light-rail train at Mount Baker Station
- Vessel carrying 2,600 gallons of fuel, oil sinks near San Juan Island
At the hospital Jordan told a detective that she shot her husband and son to “save them.” Charging papers say she was overwhelmed by major changes in her life, including leaving her job as a teacher and having a child.
Her next court hearing is Aug. 21.