An accident that backed up Interstate 5 for seven miles today resulted in the death of one of the drivers involved, the Washington State Patrol reports.
A 71-year-old Seattle man died after being rear-ended by another driver at about 2:30 Friday afternoon. The man had slowed while switching lanes before being struck, according to a WSP report.
His car was pushed into a barrier on the right side of the highway and struck by a third car. The man’s passenger was also injured in the crash, which occurred just north of Interurban Avenue South on southbound I-5.
The crash is still under investigation.
Most Read Local Stories
- Seattle-area residents should prepare for wild weather ahead, forecasters say
- King County customers of restaurants, theaters, gyms must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination or negative test
- COVID-19 kills Moses Lake couple, orphans their 8-year-old after visit to the fair
- Here's what you need to know about King County's vaccine or test requirement
- Wild weather plus terrible Seattle drivers: Stay safe in fall's first big rainstorm