This week's Postcard from the past is of Seattle Mariners' star Edgar Martinez at spring training in Tempe in 1993.
Postcards from the past is an occasional feature, highlighting images from The Seattle Times historical archive.
Most photos focus on Seattle and the greater area around it to show the historic beauty of the Pacific Northwest.
To be featured the photo must be at least 20-years-old, with a few exceptions.
The feature is posted on Thursdays. If you have a suggestion for a future post, e-mail email@example.com
More Postcards from the past
Most Read Stories
- Trump’s shifting explanations follow a familiar playbook
- These areas of WA are likely to get hotter — but people keep moving there
- Defamation suit about election falsehoods puts Fox on its heels
- Seattle heats up this week, but it'll be 'nothing like we saw in July'
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out