Then you should rock these 10 trivia questions on the band’s early days.
Pearl Jam will be inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame on Friday. In Sunday’s Pacific NW magazine, we took a look at the band’s first year. Now, test your knowledge of early Pearl Jam history. In honor of the band’s first album, you get “Ten” questions.
More on Pearl Jam
- The story of Pearl Jam, from a Seattle basement to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
- A grateful Pearl Jam is inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame
- A look back at the significance of Pearl Jam
- Interactive: Like Pearl Jam? Here's some other music you might enjoy
- ‘Their music speaks to me’: Readers share Pearl Jam memories
- Quiz: So you call yourself a Pearl Jam fan?
- Pearl Jam’s early road to success
- Seattle’s next contenders for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame? (poll)
- Why Pearl Jam is Seattle’s band
1. Where did Pearl Jam (using a different name) play its first show?
a) The Moore Theatre
b) The Off Ramp Cafe
c) The Gorge
d) A wakeboard festival near Orting
2. Who was Pearl Jam’s first drummer?
a) Dave Abbruzzese
b) Dave Grohl
c) Dave Krusen
d) Ringo Starr
3. Which of these bands did Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament play in before they were in Pearl Jam?
a) Mother Love Bone
b) My Name
c) Girl Trouble
4. What was above the basement that served as Pearl Jam’s first rehearsal space?
Most Read Stories
- ‘A total failure’: The Proud Boys now mock Trump
- Protesters march through downtown Seattle, arrests made for property damage
- Gas taxes and fees could reach $1 per gallon under new Washington state transportation proposal
- Inauguration Day news updates, Jan. 20: Joe Biden and Kamala Harris sworn in as president and vice president WATCH
- There's a civil war all right, only right now it's inside the Republican Party
b) Black Dog Forge, an ironworks shop
c) The OK Hotel
d) Paul Allen’s house
5. In which 1992 movie did Eddie Vedder, Stone Gossard and Jeff Ament appear, as members of the band Citizen Dick?
b) “Wayne’s World”
c) “Home Alone 2: Lost in New York”
d) “Honeymoon in Vegas”
6. Where is London Bridge Studio, where Pearl Jam recorded its first album?
b) Lake Havasu City, Ariz.
7. The now-defunct Seattle dance club where Pearl Jam held the release party for “Ten” went by many names. What was it called on Aug. 23, 1991?
a) Polly Esther’s
d) Level 5
8. Before Pearl Jam, what was the band’s name?
a) Mookie Blaylock
b) Vlade Divac
c) Pervis Ellison
d) Pooh Richardson
9. Where did the band announce its new name, Pearl Jam?
10. RKCNDY, where the video for the song “Alive” was filmed during a live Pearl Jam performance, closed in 1999 and was replaced by which of these?
a) a Jimi Hendrix statue
b) Safeco Field
c) a Starbucks
d) a SpringHill Suites by Marriott