Simple suggestions for ways to move more, and better.
Here are some ways you can keep moving:
• Walk more. Turn life into movement, and set up walking dates with friends or family Park farther away. Take five-minute walking breaks during the day. Walk when you take phone calls.
• Stretch your feet. Walk barefoot as much as you can. Walk over uneven surfaces and textures, like rocks. Stretch out your toes. Roll a tennis ball under your foot. Transition to flat shoes with flexible soles.
• Check your alignment. Move your hips back over your heels when standing and walking.
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- Seattle leaders look to push ‘refresh’ button with Amazon for ‘a new relationship’
- Body of missing Lynnwood boy, 6, found in dumpster; relative in custody
- Why Seattleites love to hate the umbrella
- Boeing rivals Airbus, Bombardier join forces on CSeries jet seen as threat to 737
• Create a dynamic workspace. Get a standing desk, or find a spot where you can stand while working.
• Sit on the floor. Go to the floor once or twice a day. Use cushions to support yourself and make it more comfortable.