Years after her death in Seattle, Hollywood is catching up with author Octavia Butler, whose pioneering, prescient science fiction was first published in the 1970s.
- New Korean eatery in Seattle aims to make you feel like you just ‘got a hug’
- In Lake Forest Park, Octavia Butler could ‘read, ponder and dream’
- Seattle-area holiday garden displays cast a magical light on the darkness
- The Mount Baker Home Tour returns — as does this bungalow by Ellsworth Storey
- City People’s Garden Store in Madison Park to be uprooted by development
- Does this look like a dandelion hiding behind banana slices to you, too?
- How Port wine became an English obsession — and our dessert drink of choice
More Pacific NW:
The Volstead Act, designed to keep liquor off our Prohibition shores, was cheekily immortalized in a cocktail of its own: the boozy and citrusy 12-Mile Limit.
A "PNW adventure dog" sports protective sunglasses on Mount Baker in a well-composed photo that frames an adorable little moment with a big, beautiful place.
- What it’s like to walk across the Tacoma Narrows Bridge
- How to paddle with the Seattle Flying Dragon Boat Club — for free
- Seattle's Red Rubber Showdown brings together kickball teams for friendship and spirited competition
- Members of the Seattle Astronomical Society search the nighttime sky for celestial objects — and perspective
Most Read Stories
- Snow, wind, chill in Seattle area: Here's what to know
- Seattle-area weather updates: School closures, traffic, flights and more
- Seattle-area weather updates: Snow, school closures, snarled traffic
- Embattled Willows Inn closes; building donated to Bellingham nonprofit
- Pac-12 bowl projections: UW football left to wonder a giant 'what if'