To mark this year’s 100th anniversary of Washington’s state parks system, we asked readers to name best and worst state parks and share their photos. The response was resounding and sometimes passionate. Many have fond memories of family campouts and outings, and in the category of “Worst State Parks,” the most common response was, basically, “There are no bad parks!” Click on circles to find picks for “best all-around,” “best camping,” and “most kid-friendly” parks. Many were chosen in multiple categories.
Starred parks got the most votes in a given category.
MAP BY DEAN KRAMER, LAUREN RABAINO AND KELLY SHEA / THE SEATTLE TIMES
What’s your “best”? Tell us in the comments
More Washington state parks:
Most Read Life Stories
- Oriental Mart at Seattle's Pike Place Market wins an 'America's Classics' James Beard award
- Take in the full hygge experience at South Lake Union's Copenhagen-inspired Cafe Hagen VIEW
- A Seattleite's Las Vegas itinerary for people who think they hate Las Vegas
- Gloom got you down? Try these 8 family-friendly tropical escapes in the Seattle area.
- Eating too much sugary or salty food? Here are 4 tips to simplify your diet.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-40278005-1']); _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'seattletimes.com']); _gaq.push(['_setAllowLinker', true]); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);