To mark this year’s 100th anniversary of Washington’s state parks system, we asked readers to name best and worst state parks and share their photos. The response was resounding and sometimes passionate. Many have fond memories of family campouts and outings, and in the category of “Worst State Parks,” the most common response was, basically, “There are no bad parks!” Click on circles to find picks for “best all-around,” “best camping,” and “most kid-friendly” parks. Many were chosen in multiple categories.
Starred parks got the most votes in a given category.
MAP BY DEAN KRAMER, LAUREN RABAINO AND KELLY SHEA / THE SEATTLE TIMES
What’s your “best”? Tell us in the comments
More Washington state parks:
Most Read Life Stories
- Family sustains Big John's PFI, bringing tastes of Italy to Seattle for 50 years
- Want to see holiday light displays in the Pacific NW? There's a map for that
- Seattle family checks off life goal with 4-day, rim-to-rim trek of Grand Canyon
- Rant & Rave: Festive sailboat lights up a Kenmore neighborhood
- This vegetarian wild rice soup nourishes and wards off the chill on these rainy fall Seattle days
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-40278005-1']); _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'seattletimes.com']); _gaq.push(['_setAllowLinker', true]); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);