In her Oct. 8 debate with U.S. Sen. Marie Cantwell, challenger Susan Hutchison often echoed the rhetoric of Republican leaders in the other Washington.
In response to a question about intellectual property theft, she refers to how “Chinese and Russians hacked into Hillary Clinton’s emails from her home server.
According to a Seattle Times story, she “also likened vocal protesters at the recent Senate confirmation hearings on Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the U.S. Supreme Court to an intolerant “mob” professionally paid by liberal megadonor George Soros, blamed Democrats for using Kavanaugh’s accuser as a political pawn, and said the opposing party ‘besmirched a man who had an impeccable record of jurisprudence.'”
See more of David Horsey’s cartoons at: st.news/davidhorsey
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The white women who could swing the election for Trump — again
- World Health Organization is wrong on dental care: Do not delay preventive exams
- Mourning a warrior for justice
- Et tu, Mitt? Romney makes the wrong call on Supreme Court confirmation
- The stakes are too high to not quickly assess distance learning