In her Oct. 8 debate with U.S. Sen. Marie Cantwell, challenger Susan Hutchison often echoed the rhetoric of Republican leaders in the other Washington.
In response to a question about intellectual property theft, she refers to how “Chinese and Russians hacked into Hillary Clinton’s emails from her home server.
According to a Seattle Times story, she “also likened vocal protesters at the recent Senate confirmation hearings on Judge Brett Kavanaugh to the U.S. Supreme Court to an intolerant “mob” professionally paid by liberal megadonor George Soros, blamed Democrats for using Kavanaugh’s accuser as a political pawn, and said the opposing party ‘besmirched a man who had an impeccable record of jurisprudence.'”
See more of David Horsey’s cartoons at: st.news/davidhorsey
Most Read Opinion Stories
- A travesty then and now: Don’t reopen Japanese American internment camps to hold Central American refugees | Op-Ed
- Seattle mayor on right track to end RV abuses | Editorial
- Extraordinary generosity will help homeless crisis | Editorial
- A social-media twilight zone | Horsey cartoon
- Dividends of a father's life well lived | Kate Riley / Opinion editor