Congratulations to our colleague Thanh Tan for being part of a team that won a prestigious Sigma Delta Chi award for excellence in journalism in the online reporting/digital video category.
Thanh and her former colleagues at the Texas Tribune won for their report, entitled “Fertile Ground,” which examined the Texas Legislature’s deep funding cuts to family planning for low-income women. Also honored besides Thanh, who wrote and produced the series, was editor Emily Ramshaw and multimedia producer Justin Dehn.
Thanh joined the Seattle Times opinion department as a multimedia editorial writer last September. Check out her fine video production stylings in our ongoing “Education Conversations” video series, which highlights the thoughts of Washington’s education leaders. Editorial writer Lynne K. Varner interviewed the people featured.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- State school chief needs to lead and rein in local school levies | Editorial
- Muslims must combat anti-Semitism in our midst | Op-Ed
- Trade war is costing Washington dearly | Editorial
- Combat Seattle’s street crime with treatment and housing, not jail | Op-Ed
- Move Washington’s presidential primary to March | Editorial
All good work, worth taking a look at.