Congratulations to our colleague Thanh Tan for being part of a team that won a prestigious Sigma Delta Chi award for excellence in journalism in the online reporting/digital video category.
Thanh and her former colleagues at the Texas Tribune won for their report, entitled “Fertile Ground,” which examined the Texas Legislature’s deep funding cuts to family planning for low-income women. Also honored besides Thanh, who wrote and produced the series, was editor Emily Ramshaw and multimedia producer Justin Dehn.
Thanh joined the Seattle Times opinion department as a multimedia editorial writer last September. Check out her fine video production stylings in our ongoing “Education Conversations” video series, which highlights the thoughts of Washington’s education leaders. Editorial writer Lynne K. Varner interviewed the people featured.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Single-payer health care is the only moral prescription for America | Op-Ed
- Thank Trump for the thriving economy | Andy Puzder / Guest columnist
- Agree or disagree, sheriffs must enforce new state gun law | Editorial
- Let minors choose themselves to vaccinate against measles | Op-Ed
- Why can’t Trump build anything? | Paul Krugman / Syndicated columnist
All good work, worth taking a look at.