Congratulations to our colleague Thanh Tan for being part of a team that won a prestigious Sigma Delta Chi award for excellence in journalism in the online reporting/digital video category.
Thanh and her former colleagues at the Texas Tribune won for their report, entitled “Fertile Ground,” which examined the Texas Legislature’s deep funding cuts to family planning for low-income women. Also honored besides Thanh, who wrote and produced the series, was editor Emily Ramshaw and multimedia producer Justin Dehn.
Thanh joined the Seattle Times opinion department as a multimedia editorial writer last September. Check out her fine video production stylings in our ongoing “Education Conversations” video series, which highlights the thoughts of Washington’s education leaders. Editorial writer Lynne K. Varner interviewed the people featured.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Cantwell unacceptably elusive about debates | Editorial
- EPA’s reversal of environmental protections veers badly off course | Op-Ed
- What in the world was Sen. Ericksen doing in Cambodia? | Opinion: Melissa Santos column
- Too many children failing statewide tests | Editorial
- State Sen. Doug Ericksen out of order to approve of a sham foreign election | Editorial
All good work, worth taking a look at.