Sacramento Kings fans are basking in the victory of their determined mayor and former NBA All-Star Kevin Johnson, community leaders and a group of eager buyers. Here’s the Sacramento Bee cartoonist Jack Ohman’s take on Wednesday’s 22-8 decision by the NBA Board of Governors to have the Kings stay put in Sacramento rather than move to Seattle. Times reporter Bob Condotta detailed the decision in this story.
Thursday’s Sacramento Bee editorial notes that the Kings’ future still hinges on the proposed new arena deal. But in the meantime, its tone was celebratory.
Now is a moment to celebrate that the Kings’ 28-year run in Sacramento isn’t over, not by a long shot. If all goes right, the team’s best days are still ahead.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- To save the orca, we must save the Salish Sea | Op-Ed
- Brett Kavanaugh is the poster child of a corrupt bargain | Michelle Goldberg / Syndicated columnist
- Get flavored e-cigarettes hooking teens off the shelf | Editorial
- Celebrate tremendous Bezos family gift | Editorial
- Bob Woodward delivers | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist