Thank you for the important column, “Sadly, King County still needs youth-detention beds.” Democracy is under attack from the extreme right in the White House, and from the extreme left in the Seattle City Council.
After exhaustive discussions, local voters approved the much needed new Children and Families Justice Center with about half of the originally proposed beds. This is democracy working.
Now that most basic system of governance must be defended.
Dan Morris, Seattle
Most Read Stories
- 'The Big Dark' is here as first of three storms rolls into Northwest on stretch of trans-Pacific moisture
- 'The Big Dark': Satellite image shows future rain clouds stretching from China to Puget Sound
- Bail set at $1M for uncle suspected of killing Lynnwood 6-year-old
- Boeing, reversing tide of cuts, rushes to bring back retirees as temps
- Police: Lynnwood 6-year-old drowned in bathtub by visiting relative