About 100 years ago: Women are just different from men, therefore they should not vote. Women do not really want to vote, they really want to stay home and raise kids.
About 50 years ago the phrase “too aggressive for a woman” appeared in one of my first evaluations as a beginning teacher.
The struggle continues in the capable arms of the six women allowed to speak for themselves in “What keeps more women from joining tech industry.”
Joanne Hjort, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- A front-row seat to voter suppression in Georgia | Op-Ed
- If we care about orcas, we should talk about growth management | Op-Ed
- Seattle education levy should benefit charter students, too | Editorial
- One big loser of the midterms: Russian hackers, thanks to U.S. Cyber Command | Eli Lake / Syndicated columnist
- Governor, call a special session for special education | Editorial