About 100 years ago: Women are just different from men, therefore they should not vote. Women do not really want to vote, they really want to stay home and raise kids.
About 50 years ago the phrase “too aggressive for a woman” appeared in one of my first evaluations as a beginning teacher.
The struggle continues in the capable arms of the six women allowed to speak for themselves in “What keeps more women from joining tech industry.”
Joanne Hjort, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Trade war is costing Washington dearly | Editorial
- Small-town mayor schools Washington legislators on open government | Editorial
- Fear comes full circle to rouse the electorate | Op-Ed
- Combat Seattle’s street crime with treatment and housing, not jail | Op-Ed
- We're witnessing a slow-motion Saturday Night Massacre | Max Boot / Syndicated columnist