I would like President Donald Trump to please apologize to the Navajo Nation for his schoolboy comment about U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren.
That he seems unable to put aside personal grudges and political jabs at an occasion like this is really sad. It was important to honor the Navajo code talkers for the unsung work they did in World War II. Yet, after a deserving tribute to these brave men, President Trump sullied it by his demeaning remark. Suddenly, he and his pique became the focus of the moment.
I expect the president of my country to act with dignity and decorum appropriate to the event.
Karen Prince, Kenmore
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Breaking with the cult of the Confederacy
- Police-chase law is saving lives — it would be a mistake to roll it back
- Restore the balance between Navy's needs and civilian communities impacted by Growler jets
- Trumplandia is predictably gleeful about FBI raid
- COVID-19 conspiracies have taken a toll on some of my friendships