Wow. I’m about to agree (sort of) with President Donald Trump for nixing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s trip.
This trip was no less wasteful than the border wall that started this imbroglio. There are professionals doing the information gathering that this boondoggle was supposed to accomplish.
Nancy, no trip. Donald, no wall. Both of you go to your rooms. And no allowance until you do. Oh, I forgot. The rest of us have to keep paying taxes. I guess you get your allowance after all.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Amazon's New York HQ2 pullback offers opportunity, lessons for Puget Sound region | Editorial
- I lost my cousin in Parkland — why is there pushback to gun laws? | Op-Ed
- I owe my 20-year marriage to being snowed in, '90s style | Op-Ed
- Trump's ‘emergency’ plunges the nation into peril | Greg Sargent / Syndicated columnist
- Pull back the curtain to find out the truth about Venezuela's oppressive regime | Op-Ed
Joseph Hampton, Bainbridge Island