The article concerning the lack of foster homes, group homes and poor managing of foster kids is very sad.
Why aren’t we, as a society, taking better care of these kids, who so badly need stability, hugs, healthy meals and encouragement?
Cats and dogs are rescued, fostered and find new homes. Seems we take better care of animals than our kids. Shame on us.
Breaks my heart.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The ultimate expression of human creativity is the birth and nurturing of children | Op-Ed
- Extraordinary generosity will help homeless crisis | Editorial
- Dividends of a life well lived | Kate Riley / Opinion editor
- A social-media twilight zone | Horsey cartoon
- More mercury in the fish we eat? Don’t let the EPA weaken water-quality rules | Op-Ed
Mary Kathryn Myers, retired school nurse, Kent