The article concerning the lack of foster homes, group homes and poor managing of foster kids is very sad.
Why aren’t we, as a society, taking better care of these kids, who so badly need stability, hugs, healthy meals and encouragement?
Cats and dogs are rescued, fostered and find new homes. Seems we take better care of animals than our kids. Shame on us.
Breaks my heart.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Food-assistance cuts will hurt the vulnerable | Editorial
- Seattle’s nightmare in broad daylight | Horsey cartoon
- The health-care sector must address climate change | Op-Ed
- Welcome to Cannabis Country, dude | Horsey cartoon
- Democrats’ blinders on FBI report | Eli Lake / Syndicated columnist
Mary Kathryn Myers, retired school nurse, Kent