In regard to the letter about the need for funding for rape kits in the state of Washington, the letter writer is 100 percent correct. However, the contention that the Republicans in the Senate discount and ignore the abuse of women is plain wrong.
The Senate Republicans treated Christine Blasey Ford with dignity. The Democrats in the Senate were disgusting in their treatment of Judge Brett Kavanaugh. Anyone accused of a crime in this country should be presumed innocent.
As an independent voter, Democrats will never again get my vote, and I am appalled at how many women feel they need to believe Dr. Ford strictly because she is a woman. Women are smarter than that.
Grace Allen, Port Ludlow
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The Times recommends: Dino Rossi in the 8th Congressional District
- CON: Police officers at risk if Initiative 940 passes | Op-Ed
- Seattle Times editorial board endorsements for 2018 general election
- Seattle parks and greenbelts are too wonderful to be trashed | Op-Ed
- The Times recommends: Vote no on misleading I-1634, the effort to ban local soda taxes | Editorial