In regard to the letter about the need for funding for rape kits in the state of Washington, the letter writer is 100 percent correct. However, the contention that the Republicans in the Senate discount and ignore the abuse of women is plain wrong.
The Senate Republicans treated Christine Blasey Ford with dignity. The Democrats in the Senate were disgusting in their treatment of Judge Brett Kavanaugh. Anyone accused of a crime in this country should be presumed innocent.
As an independent voter, Democrats will never again get my vote, and I am appalled at how many women feel they need to believe Dr. Ford strictly because she is a woman. Women are smarter than that.
Grace Allen, Port Ludlow
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The Burke-Gilman missing link: Real vs. alternative facts | Op-Ed
- Shellfish farming, the lifeblood of Pacific County, faces extinction | Op-Ed
- Our long national nightmare is just beginning | Max Boot / Syndicated columnist
- A Grinch-worthy shutdown threat | Editorial
- Trump and the bitter taste of rejection | Frank Bruni / syndicated columnist