John Carlson’s list of “bold proposals” shows exactly why Republicans are falling out of favor with Washington voters.
At a time when the federal government has proved woefully ill prepared to take on the urgent issues facing Americans (climate change, income disparity, immigration), it is crucial for states to create and innovate solutions.
This anemic agenda is a waste of precious time.
Catey McGauran, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- From toxic site to green space: New Tacoma park exemplifies civic reinvention | Editorial
- The short, sad career of Patrick Shanahan | Eli Lake / Syndicated columnist
- Skip citizenship question on census | Editorial
- A travesty then and now: Don’t reopen Japanese American internment camps to hold Central American refugees | Op-Ed
- Save lives and money — invest in supportive housing for the chronically homeless | Op-Ed