John Carlson’s list of “bold proposals” shows exactly why Republicans are falling out of favor with Washington voters.
At a time when the federal government has proved woefully ill prepared to take on the urgent issues facing Americans (climate change, income disparity, immigration), it is crucial for states to create and innovate solutions.
This anemic agenda is a waste of precious time.
Catey McGauran, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Here's how Microsoft and UW leaders want to better fund higher education | Op-Ed
- Override Trump’s wall emergency | Editorial
- Legislators, don't meddle in city planning | Editorial
- After 14 years, I’ve had it. I’m leaving Seattle | Op-Ed
- Lawmakers, stop underfunding Fish and Wildlife, the agency that protects our lands and water | Op-Ed