John Carlson’s list of “bold proposals” shows exactly why Republicans are falling out of favor with Washington voters.
At a time when the federal government has proved woefully ill prepared to take on the urgent issues facing Americans (climate change, income disparity, immigration), it is crucial for states to create and innovate solutions.
This anemic agenda is a waste of precious time.
Catey McGauran, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Make full Mueller report, not Trump's tweet, the final word | Editorial
- Sound Transit performance audit is welcome | Editorial
- War on opioid abuse is striking the wrong target | Ramesh Ponnuru / Syndicated columnist
- Trump wins, the country loses | Ramesh Ponnuru / Syndicated columnist
- Lawmakers eye local taxpayers, again, for schools | Editorial