John Carlson’s list of “bold proposals” shows exactly why Republicans are falling out of favor with Washington voters.
At a time when the federal government has proved woefully ill prepared to take on the urgent issues facing Americans (climate change, income disparity, immigration), it is crucial for states to create and innovate solutions.
This anemic agenda is a waste of precious time.
Catey McGauran, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Those with mobility-limiting disabilities hit hardest by Eyman's I-976 | Op-Ed
- Anita Hill and Christine Blasey Ford, a through line of courage and faith | Op-Ed
- Hospital-cost transparency is a necessary first step to affordable health care | Editorial
- End the ICE secrecy in Longview | Editorial
- For America’s sake, Supreme Court should pass on questions over Trump’s taxes | Dahleen Glanton / Syndicated columnist