There are moments in history where time slows to a crawl and you wish for that given moment to last a lifetime. Any moment of the 2018 Special Olympics USA Games demonstrated how acceptance and inclusion by a community should and will last a lifetime.
The city of Seattle, through its businesses and companies, volunteers and spectators, turned out to embrace thousands of athletes and their family members from all over the country through sport, accepting one and all as members of the fabric of the Seattle community. On behalf of the Special Olympics movement, thank you to Beth Knox, president and CEO of the 2018 Games, and the 2018 Games Organizing Committee, and thank you to the great city of Seattle.
You will forever be in the hearts and minds of our athletes. We truly thank you for inviting us to Rise With You.
Congratulations, and thank you for a great 2018 USA Games.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Our long national nightmare is just beginning | Max Boot / Syndicated columnist
- The Burke-Gilman missing link: Real vs. alternative facts | Op-Ed
- Yes to whale-watching moratorium: Cut the engine noise, save the orcas | Op-Ed
- Bellevue’s GIX grad school is a smart U.S.-China educational partnership | Editorial
- No to whale-watching moratorium: Done responsibly, it can help our orcas survive | Op-Ed
Marc Edenzon, president and managing director, Special Olympics North America