It’s outrageous that a clause was written specifically for a landowner who operates a short-term rental who happens to have the time and money to work the system by filing suit against the city.
This has nothing to do with sausage making, nor is it how our government should work. This is corruption and discrimination.
The Seattle City Council better get to work to make sure they grandfather everyone who operates this type of business, not just the select few who have the money to make the council listen. The city council is supposed to be working for everyone.
Patricia Lewis Lott, Seattle
Most Read Stories
- What you need to know about Seattle's Women’s March, related events
- Seattle’s largest batch of single-family homes in decades is pitched for ‘oasis’ site
- State by state, here are the most binge-watched TV shows of 2017
- What to make of the Seahawks' hiring of Mike Solari? Walter Jones and Damon Huard weigh in
- Whitman County Coroner officially rules WSU QB Tyler Hilinski's death a suicide