It’s outrageous that a clause was written specifically for a landowner who operates a short-term rental who happens to have the time and money to work the system by filing suit against the city.
This has nothing to do with sausage making, nor is it how our government should work. This is corruption and discrimination.
The Seattle City Council better get to work to make sure they grandfather everyone who operates this type of business, not just the select few who have the money to make the council listen. The city council is supposed to be working for everyone.
Patricia Lewis Lott, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Foreigners boycott Trump’s America | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- Seattle Times editorial board endorsements for August primary election
- ‘OK, thanks, bye!’: No pretense of due process at immigration hearing | My Take
- Supportive housing would have helped my schizophrenic brother | My Take
- Let’s get creative with existing taxes to fix housing crisis | Op-Ed