It’s outrageous that a clause was written specifically for a landowner who operates a short-term rental who happens to have the time and money to work the system by filing suit against the city.
This has nothing to do with sausage making, nor is it how our government should work. This is corruption and discrimination.
The Seattle City Council better get to work to make sure they grandfather everyone who operates this type of business, not just the select few who have the money to make the council listen. The city council is supposed to be working for everyone.
Patricia Lewis Lott, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Keep fighting for health insurance for all | Editorial
- Seattle should reject head tax on jobs | Editorial
- We fell in love with and put down roots in a vanishing Seattle | My Take
- 2020 Census citizenship question makes a mockery of our progress | Op-Ed
- Thank you, Starbucks, for copping to the reality of implicit bias | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist