John McCain was a righteous man with “the right stuff.”
He was a hero of my generation, as was Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. King’s profound speech in which he said that we should be judged on the content of our character reminds me of the maverick character of John McCain.
McCain stood for honor and compassion, for equity and fairness for all Americans, whether in his military service or in the middle of competing political-party agendas.
His legacy of an honorable life lived for the justice and freedom of all stands as a testimony of his grit and determination in the face of opposition.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Why we stay silent after sexual assault | Op-Ed
- Get I-405 flowing: Complete 16-year-old master plan now | Op-Ed
- Billions in new taxes and no guarantee of carbon reductions | Op-Ed | Con 1631
- 'Fossil dads' make great parents, gray hair and all | Op-Ed
- ‘Big Oil’ vs. clean energy and healthier communities | Op-Ed | Pro 1631
Who will come forward to bear the torch for all the future Americans?
Lee Enright, Woodinville