John McCain was a righteous man with “the right stuff.”
He was a hero of my generation, as was Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Dr. King’s profound speech in which he said that we should be judged on the content of our character reminds me of the maverick character of John McCain.
McCain stood for honor and compassion, for equity and fairness for all Americans, whether in his military service or in the middle of competing political-party agendas.
His legacy of an honorable life lived for the justice and freedom of all stands as a testimony of his grit and determination in the face of opposition.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- To save the orca, we must save the Salish Sea | Op-Ed
- Brett Kavanaugh is the poster child of a corrupt bargain | Michelle Goldberg / Syndicated columnist
- Get flavored e-cigarettes hooking teens off the shelf | Editorial
- Celebrate tremendous Bezos family gift | Editorial
- Bob Woodward delivers | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
Who will come forward to bear the torch for all the future Americans?
Lee Enright, Woodinville