The editorial about the failings of the Seattle Department of Transportation was spot on.
The latest proposed boondoggle is to ban right-hand turns from Broadway onto the major arterials of Pike and Pine streets.
The SDOT is trying to mitigate the damage it did — and improve streetcar ridership numbers that it wildly overestimated — when it put a dedicated bike lane next to a parking lane next to streetcar tracks on top of a major arterial next to a sidewalk used by bicyclists who ignore the little-used bike lane.
Don Glickstein, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- What in the world was Sen. Ericksen doing in Cambodia? | Opinion: Melssia Santos column
- Billions in new taxes and no guarantee of carbon reductions | Op-Ed | Con 1631
- Why we stay silent after sexual assault | Op-Ed
- Lawmaker out of order to approve of a sham foreign election | Editorial
- FYI, GOP: Voters grasp tax cut | Paul Waldman / Syndicated columnist