The editorial about the failings of the Seattle Department of Transportation was spot on.
The latest proposed boondoggle is to ban right-hand turns from Broadway onto the major arterials of Pike and Pine streets.
The SDOT is trying to mitigate the damage it did — and improve streetcar ridership numbers that it wildly overestimated — when it put a dedicated bike lane next to a parking lane next to streetcar tracks on top of a major arterial next to a sidewalk used by bicyclists who ignore the little-used bike lane.
Don Glickstein, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- City of Seattle cannot abandon critical Magnolia Bridge | Editorial
- Inclusive education is a plus for children of all abilities | Op-Ed
- Inspirational immigrant stories remind us Trump is wrong - share yours | Kate Riley / Times editorial columnist
- Celebrate Pride by joining fight for LGBTIQ rights globally | My Take
- 10 take-aways from the head-tax debacle | Editorial