The editorial about the failings of the Seattle Department of Transportation was spot on.
The latest proposed boondoggle is to ban right-hand turns from Broadway onto the major arterials of Pike and Pine streets.
The SDOT is trying to mitigate the damage it did — and improve streetcar ridership numbers that it wildly overestimated — when it put a dedicated bike lane next to a parking lane next to streetcar tracks on top of a major arterial next to a sidewalk used by bicyclists who ignore the little-used bike lane.
Don Glickstein, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- A solution to the shortage of mental-health providers | Op-Ed
- Targeting sea lions will help orcas, Columbia River salmon | Editorial
- GM layoffs are only the beginning of disruptions in AI revolution | Op-Ed
- Stick with later start times that boost Seattle high schoolers' success | Editorial
- Our long national nightmare is just beginning | Max Boot / Syndicated columnist