The editorial about the failings of the Seattle Department of Transportation was spot on.
The latest proposed boondoggle is to ban right-hand turns from Broadway onto the major arterials of Pike and Pine streets.
The SDOT is trying to mitigate the damage it did — and improve streetcar ridership numbers that it wildly overestimated — when it put a dedicated bike lane next to a parking lane next to streetcar tracks on top of a major arterial next to a sidewalk used by bicyclists who ignore the little-used bike lane.
Don Glickstein, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Seattle’s library plan needs scrutiny
- Pass I-1000 to restore affirmative action | Editorial
- And the children shall lead us out of climate catastrophe | Op-Ed
- Who do Jared and Ivanka think they are? | Michelle Goldberg / Syndicated columnist
- Reducing energy use in aging buildings is worth the investment | Op-Ed