Seattle Mayor Ed Murray wants a soda tax.
If I have to pay a soda tax, and if I am planning to buy a quantity of soda, I will go to Renton or Shoreline or Bellevue, wherever doesn’t have a tax. And as long as I am there, I will do all my shopping there — which means my tax dollars will flow out of Seattle.
Kill the soda tax before it gets me in the habit of avoiding shopping in Seattle.
Cathy Reiner Godwin, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Pass I-1000 to restore affirmative action | Editorial
- Seattle’s library plan needs scrutiny
- Who do Jared and Ivanka think they are? | Michelle Goldberg / Syndicated columnist
- And the children shall lead us out of climate catastrophe | Op-Ed
- Reducing energy use in aging buildings is worth the investment | Op-Ed