Seattle Mayor Ed Murray wants a soda tax.
If I have to pay a soda tax, and if I am planning to buy a quantity of soda, I will go to Renton or Shoreline or Bellevue, wherever doesn’t have a tax. And as long as I am there, I will do all my shopping there — which means my tax dollars will flow out of Seattle.
Kill the soda tax before it gets me in the habit of avoiding shopping in Seattle.
Cathy Reiner Godwin, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Do our youth really understand their country’s military? | Op-Ed
- Deadly-force law needs to change, but not like this | Editorial
- Seattle Mayor Durkan’s cautious approach to budget is wise | Editorial
- Louis Farrakhan’s inexcusable vitriol | Leonard Pitts Jr. / Syndicated columnist
- A rumored threat, a frantic text: ‘This is high school in America’ | My Take