Seattle Mayor Ed Murray wants a soda tax.
If I have to pay a soda tax, and if I am planning to buy a quantity of soda, I will go to Renton or Shoreline or Bellevue, wherever doesn’t have a tax. And as long as I am there, I will do all my shopping there — which means my tax dollars will flow out of Seattle.
Kill the soda tax before it gets me in the habit of avoiding shopping in Seattle.
Cathy Reiner Godwin, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Foreigners boycott Trump’s America | Froma Harrop / Syndicated columnist
- ‘OK, thanks, bye!’: No pretense of due process at immigration hearing | My Take
- Seattle Times editorial board endorsements for August primary election
- Supportive housing would have helped my schizophrenic brother | My Take
- Let’s get creative with existing taxes to fix housing crisis | Op-Ed