I have always been fortunate to have at least one journalist and lawyer as friends, which helps me keep an honest assessment of their professional integrity.
State Rep. Matt Shea’s comments would be amusing if not for the state of discourse in this country.
Rep. Shea should be a little more empathetic since his sentiments are not unlike those felt by many toward our politicians.
John M. Stone, Seattle
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Portland, you lost me with your culture-wars chaos | Op-Ed
- Trump's inflammatory rhetoric calls for a bipartisan rebuke | Editorial
- The Times recommends: Ann Davison Sattler for Seattle City Council, District 5 | Editorial
- Attacking Pelosi will not defeat Trump | Maureen Dowd / Syndicated columnist
- The president is a raging racist, period | Charles M. Blow / Syndicated columnist