Washington state is no better than the Republican-led U.S. Senate when it comes to discounting and ignoring the abuse of women in our country.
Here’s an idea: Let’s just budget the funds necessary for this testing and complete the testing.
Anything less discounts this violent crime against women while affirming our “lesser status” in the eyes of the law.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The Burke-Gilman missing link: Real vs. alternative facts | Op-Ed
- Shellfish farming, the lifeblood of Pacific County, faces extinction | Op-Ed
- Our long national nightmare is just beginning | Max Boot / Syndicated columnist
- A Grinch-worthy shutdown threat | Editorial
- Trump and the bitter taste of rejection | Frank Bruni / syndicated columnist
Paula Joneli, Des Moines