Washington state is no better than the Republican-led U.S. Senate when it comes to discounting and ignoring the abuse of women in our country.
Here’s an idea: Let’s just budget the funds necessary for this testing and complete the testing.
Anything less discounts this violent crime against women while affirming our “lesser status” in the eyes of the law.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- The Times recommends: Dino Rossi in the 8th Congressional District
- CON: Police officers at risk if Initiative 940 passes | Op-Ed
- Seattle Times editorial board endorsements for 2018 general election
- Seattle parks and greenbelts are too wonderful to be trashed | Op-Ed
- The Times recommends: Vote no on misleading I-1634, the effort to ban local soda taxes | Editorial
Paula Joneli, Des Moines