Washington state is no better than the Republican-led U.S. Senate when it comes to discounting and ignoring the abuse of women in our country.
Here’s an idea: Let’s just budget the funds necessary for this testing and complete the testing.
Anything less discounts this violent crime against women while affirming our “lesser status” in the eyes of the law.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Hard-line immigration policies have our Latino neighbors scared and traumatized | Op-Ed
- Democratic-debate bingo | Donna F. Edwards / Syndicated columnist
- Deportation threats don’t fix immigration | Editorial
- The Times recommends: Vote yes on Seattle 2019 library-levy renewal | Editorial
- Yes, child-detention centers are concentration camps — where is our outrage? | Charles M. Blow / Syndicated columnist
Paula Joneli, Des Moines