Washington state is no better than the Republican-led U.S. Senate when it comes to discounting and ignoring the abuse of women in our country.
Here’s an idea: Let’s just budget the funds necessary for this testing and complete the testing.
Anything less discounts this violent crime against women while affirming our “lesser status” in the eyes of the law.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Agree or disagree, sheriffs must enforce new state gun law | Editorial
- Let minors choose themselves to vaccinate against measles | Op-Ed
- Legislature, don't micromanage cities | Editorial
- Thank Trump for the thriving economy | Andy Puzder / Guest columnist
- Pull back the curtain to find out the truth about Venezuela's oppressive regime | Op-Ed
Paula Joneli, Des Moines