If our city government is searching for popular ways to improve living conditions, how about completing the Burke-Gilman Trail along the “missing link”?
Not only would this improve transportation, promote safety and enhance tourism, it could be accomplished economically with massive volunteer help from the many who would benefit.
Such projects have worked before, generating public pride to banish decades of contentiousness.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- Seattle’s library plan needs scrutiny
- Pass I-1000 to restore affirmative action | Editorial
- And the children shall lead us out of climate catastrophe | Op-Ed
- Who do Jared and Ivanka think they are? | Michelle Goldberg / Syndicated columnist
- Reducing energy use in aging buildings is worth the investment | Op-Ed
Judy Moise, Seattle