If our city government is searching for popular ways to improve living conditions, how about completing the Burke-Gilman Trail along the “missing link”?
Not only would this improve transportation, promote safety and enhance tourism, it could be accomplished economically with massive volunteer help from the many who would benefit.
Such projects have worked before, generating public pride to banish decades of contentiousness.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- City of Seattle cannot abandon critical Magnolia Bridge | Editorial
- Inclusive education is a plus for children of all abilities | Op-Ed
- Inspirational immigrant stories remind us Trump is wrong - share yours | Kate Riley / Times editorial columnist
- 10 take-aways from the head-tax debacle | Editorial
- Celebrate Pride by joining fight for LGBTIQ rights globally | My Take
Judy Moise, Seattle