If our city government is searching for popular ways to improve living conditions, how about completing the Burke-Gilman Trail along the “missing link”?
Not only would this improve transportation, promote safety and enhance tourism, it could be accomplished economically with massive volunteer help from the many who would benefit.
Such projects have worked before, generating public pride to banish decades of contentiousness.
Most Read Opinion Stories
- What in the world was Sen. Ericksen doing in Cambodia? | Opinion: Melssia Santos column
- Billions in new taxes and no guarantee of carbon reductions | Op-Ed | Con 1631
- Why we stay silent after sexual assault | Op-Ed
- Lawmaker out of order to approve of a sham foreign election | Editorial
- FYI, GOP: Voters grasp tax cut | Paul Waldman / Syndicated columnist
Judy Moise, Seattle